Call for Papers: 2018 AM3P Conference in Doha, Qatar
The Conference Standing International Advisory Committee and the Organizing Committee invite delegants to submit a paper and to participate in the International Conference on Advances in Materials and Pavement Performance Prediction (AM3P) to be held April 16-18, 2018 at the Marriott Marquis-Doha, in Doha, Qatar. The AM3P 2018 conference is inspired from the legacy of the previous four 3D-FEM conferences which focused on mechanistic pavement analysis and design aspects, most recently held in Athens, Greece with more than 200 published papers. The AM3P series of conferences at regular intervals is intended to continue the same theme: i.e. models; experimental methods to measure properties and determine model parameters; implementation and utilization for material or pavement prediction; etc.
Technical papers: Technical papers that focus on measurement and modeling of materials and pavements are invited. Papers are limited to four pages. The accepted papers will be published in the peer-reviewed conference proceedings published by Taylor and Francis. For the paper format, please download from the conference website: www.am3p.com.
1. Performance-based Rigid Pavements
• Modeling, performance prediction and design of rigid pavements
2. Advances in Characterization and Modeling of Pavement Foundations
• Characterizing unbound aggregates for pavement design and performance prediction
• Modeling the performance of chemically & mechanically stabilized pavement foundations
3. Performance Based Flexible Pavement Design
• Functional pavement characteristics and vehicle-pavement interaction
• Monitoring and modeling techniques to predict performance of existing pavement
• Advances in mechanistic design of pavements
4. Materials and Pavement Models to Facilitate Design of Durable, Low-Cost and Resilient Pavements
• Materials testing and performance modeling: calibration, verification and validation
• Research needs fordesign,modeling and performance prediction of recycled and green materials
• Innovations for assessing vulnerability to, or impacts of climate change and climate adaptation technologies
• Intelligent asphalt mixture compaction:Modeling and implementation
• Multi-scale and multi-physics methods for performance prediction of asphaltic materials and structures
5. Mechanistic-Probabilistic Approaches for Modeling and Predicting Variability in Material and Pavement Properties
• Incorporating variability to improve performance based material design
• Coupling mechanistic modeling and probabilistic approaches to guide the design and QA/QC practices
• Big data techniques for pavement performance prediction
6. Chemo-mechanical toolsforperformance based design of binders
For more topic information, please go to: http://media.wix.com/ugd/0c7fe7_54f165d94f0e4d14b09b8f963f52083b.pdf.
Conference website: www.am3p.com (we encourage you to sign up for reminders and updates).
About the State of Qatar: Qatar is a vibrant country that is experiencing
tremendous growth in its road infrastructure and economic development,
and offers several opportunities for international companies to engage
in various activities with the local authorities and construction industry.
Qatar has state-of-the-art facilities that host major conferences and
sports events every year,and has become a destination for leisure,
culture and sport related activities. It is also the host of the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
For more information please visit: https://www.visitqatar.qa/businessevents..